Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Through the mouth of babes

It doesn't surprise me that the lord councils us to "be ye as little children". I feel that I was a way more spiritually led little person then I am today as an adult, before the world had its opportunity to slowly darken my lighthearted mind. Everything is just so matter of fact to a little child. They ask many questions most of which revolve around "WHY" but if you take the time to ask them why something is a certain way, they very simple say "because" and mean it. To a child there is no muddled lines. red is red and green is green, black is black and white is white. There is no grey. There is no kind of right or kind of wrong. The day is the day and the night is the night and its just that way because that's the way it is.

We have told our children what is going on from the beginning and as to be expected Korlen understands and is sad, Tahlae listens for about 2.8 sec and then continues playing seemingly oblivious, and Evelett wasn't listening to begin with. A few days following however I was having a conversation one on one with mr T about how his belly wasn't fat mommies belly is fat to which he said " your belly is fat because you have a big baby in it" "Yes that's right" "yeah but that baby is going to live with Heavenly Father, can I go get a snack"....... I was so stunned it took me a min to respond. I had no idea he was even paying attention. He just said it so matter of fact, like that was just the way thing are supposed to be. Black is black and white is white.

How foolish are we as adults. I had naively thought his mind was too simple to understand something so complex when in reality my mind is too complex to understand something so simple.

Simply that it is what it is. how stupid am I to think that this is complicated to God. He created the heavens and the earth. He created time and space. How naïve I am to try so hard to find the complexity of the why when in reality there is only the simplicity of because.

My children have been such a source of spiritual strength since then. Their little spirits are so profound. They love this baby with the knowledge that they may never get to even see it. They pray daily for its little body.

This morning as I was sitting with Korlen eating his breakfast I asked him "what do you think will happen to this baby after it dies?" he was so sad and I hate asking him things like this but he is so smart and I want to be sure he is as prepared for what is to come as the rest of us... I cant stupidly think he isn't being effected by it. He's 6 and he gets it a lot! this was our conversation
"what do you think will happen to the baby after it dies?"
"I don't know"
"does that scare you"
"kind of"
"where do you think the baby will go"
"to live with heavenly father"
"who do you think will take care of our baby"
"heavenly father and jesus"
" do you think they will take good care of our baby"
"yes they love our baby a lot"


I cant even tell you how much this kills me! It hurts so bad! I cant save them from this experience anymore then I can save this baby....... this hurts so badly! I cant stop his hurt anymore then I can stop my own. I cant stop any of them from feeling what this experience will make them feel and it makes my heart break even more that this could cause them sadness. It brings me such joy to know in many ways they are far wiser then I am. They will probably hurt at some point but their simple minds will also tell them this is the way it is, just because, and I think they will find peace in that. Peace in the knowledge that Their baby is with their God and there is no better person to love them in our stead.

May we all be like little children

1 comment:

  1. Perfectly said! That baby has and always will be perfectly taken care of. You have surrounded it with so much love which it feels now and will feel while in the care of our heavenly father. Love you!

    ReplyDelete